PDA

View Full Version : How Sketchup and Kaneva REALLY WORK

forevertaken
03-30-2010, 02:38 AM
I am posting this because certain people refuse to help others import items into Kaneva for whatever selfish reason. So here is how i did and a few of my close friends and it worked perfectly:

FIRST THERE IS A BUG WITH SKETCHUP 7.1 DONT USE IT IT WONT WORK I USE 6.0 AND IT WORKS GREAT.

1. DOWNLOAD VERSION 6.0 FROM HERE ITS FREE-http://www.brothersoft.com/google-sketchup-75151.html

2. DOWNLOAD WINZIP AND ONLY USE IT-ITS NOT FREE IT IS A 45 DAY TRIAL BUT WHEN IT EXPIRES JUST UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AND KEEP USING OR PAY FOR IT WHICHEVER FROM HERE- http://download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

3. CREATE A SKETCHUP FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP JUST FOR 3D MODELS LIKE THIS:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/leighahoffner/Capture1.jpg

4. ONCE IN SKEPTCHUP EITHER DESIGN YOUR MODEL OR IMPORT ONE FROM 3D WAREHOUSE. YOU MUST MUST TEXTURE THE INSIDE OF THE OBJECT THE OUTSIDE OF THE OBJECT AND THE INSIDE OF WALLS OF THE OBJECT IF YOU ARE CREATING WALLS THEY MUST BE .25" THICK IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SHOW UP ON KANEVA

5. ONCE TEXTURED AND YOUR DONE CLICK FILE->THEN SAVE AS AND SAVE A COPY IN THE FOLDER YOU CREATED ON YOUR DESKTOP

6. IN ORDER TO IMPORT TO KANEVA YOU NEED A .DAE FILE AND THE TEXTURE FILES SO CLICK ON FILE->THEN EXPORT->3D MODEL TO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE IT IN A GOOGLE EARTH 4 .KMZ FORMAT ONLY

7. ONCE THAT IS DONE GO INTO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP AND FIND THE .KMZ FILE RIGHT CLICK ON IT AND CHANGE THE .KMZ TO .ZIP

8. ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT THEN CLICK ON THE ZIP FILE AND SELECT ALL THE FILES THERE AND HIT EXTRACT TO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP

9. ONCE THAT IS DONE GO INTO YOUR MODEL FOLDER AND FIND YOUR .DAE FILE AND LITERALLY DRAG IT INTO 3D WORLD.

10. IF IT IS A 3D OJBECT (WHICH IS ALL I HAVE DONE THAT IS WHAT THIS PART IS ABOUT) CLICK 3D OBJECT IT WILL BEGIN TO LOAD IT. A WHITE BOX WILL SHOW UP THIS IS WHERE YOU ADJUST THE SIZE TO BE REAL IF THE OBJECT COMES IN REAL BIG I USUALLY GO TO A 9.000 AND ITS MORE REASONABLE ONCE YOUR HAPPY WITH THE SIZE CLICK NEXT STEP.

11. IT WILL TAKE A SEC TO LOAD IT INTO THE 3D WORLD. IF YOU LIKE HOW IT LOOKS AND IT CAME OUT RIGHT YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR OBJECT IF NOT DISCARD IT AND WORK ON IT MORE BUT IF YOUR HAPPY CLICK SUBMIT.

12. THE NEXT BOX I JUST HIT SUBMIT AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE 2D PAGE TO FINISH THE PROCESS.

*****13. ON THE 2D PAGE THIS IS WHERE YOU SET THE NAME AND INFO AND YOUR PRICE. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT THIS COSTS 400 REWARDS OR CREDITS TO UPLOAD ANYTHING NO MATTER THE SIZE IF YOU PAY IN CREDITS YOU CANNOT TRADE THE ITEM SO USE REWARDS.

ONCE YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE INFO AND CLICK CREATE ITEM YOU WILL THEN HAVE THE ITEM IN YOUR INVENTORY AND IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON THE 2D.

I IMPORTED A HUGE FOUNTAIN AND IT WORKED SO GOOD LUCK YOU CAN SEND ME A KMAIL FOR MORE HELP....PLEASE DONT LET PPL DISCOURAGE YOU FROM THIS THERE ARE MANY HERE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE A WHILE THAT REFUSE TO GIVE GOOD HELP AND ITS WRONG AND THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE TRULY HELPED ME.

I AM MORE THAN WILLING OT HELP ANYONE CAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO AND CAUSE THEY HAVE HELPED ME.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT ALL

HUGSSSSS

Himashi
03-31-2010, 08:52 AM
when i import to kaneva it shows the scale n then when i put next it shows an error n closes kaneva..wat should i do

Himashi
03-31-2010, 09:12 AM
when i import to kaneva it shows the scale n then when i put next it shows an error n closes kaneva..wat should i do

elsee
03-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Then u haven't searched the FORUMS, there has been help galore on here. I for 1 have answered time after time. Search the threads, in HOW DO I and DESIGNER, most the time u will find what ur looking for.

LadyPhenomena
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM

I had that happen when an item being imported was too large. An accesory cannot be larger than ~8. When you are doing the "scale" ... add X, Y, and Z. If the total sum is larger than 8, you will not be permitted to import it and you will get the error message.

I hope this helps.

LadyPhenomena
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
6. IN ORDER TO IMPORT TO KANEVA YOU NEED A .DAE FILE AND THE TEXTURE FILES SO CLICK ON FILE->THEN EXPORT->3D MODEL TO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE IT IN A GOOGLE EARTH 4 .KMZ FORMAT ONLY

7. ONCE THAT IS DONE GO INTO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP AND FIND THE .KMZ FILE RIGHT CLICK ON IT AND CHANGE THE .KMZ TO .ZIP

I am using XP... so this should not be complicated. However, the KMZ still shows and cannot be opened as described. Perhaps changing file name is insufficient.
To have a file named something.zip.kmz still means I cannot use it.

Sleeze
03-31-2010, 02:45 PM

I am using XP... so this should not be complicated. However, the KMZ still shows and cannot be opened as described. Perhaps changing file name is insufficient.

Right click on the file and choose rename on the menu.. change the .kmz to .zip... then right click again and extract all... be sure to save folder to location you can find.. do not move once u extract it.. inside the folder will be another folder... named model... open that folder and inside will be the .dae file that u drag into kaneva..

LadyPhenomena
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
that does not work. When I rename the file ... the extension is not part of the file name... so when I go to rename it, the full name turns out to be Something.zip.kmz because the .kmz extension cannot be removed. Henceforth, there is nothing I can do with the resulting zip file.

forevertaken
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM

I have that on one comp all you do is leave the kmz file alone after you change it dont worry about it and open the zip file. That is where you have to select all files and put them in the folder on your deaktop and in the models foler you will find the dae file

forevertaken
03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
that does not work. When I rename the file ... the extension is not part of the file name... so when I go to rename it, the full name turns out to be Something.zip.kmz because the .kmz extension cannot be removed. Henceforth, there is nothing I can do with the resulting zip file.

only change the kmz part more your cursor to that part of the name and change it you must have winzip to do this however. i am going to try to make a video of this soon.

tim1975
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
do a search in the forums for "kmz" and you will find a good help from 01Aladdin here is the thread link: http://forums.kaneva.com/showthread.php?t=14162&highlight=kmz

on a side note i use sketchup7.0, not 6.0

LadyPhenomena
04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
7zip will perform the function as described in the first section of this thread, and it is free.
However, when importing the object, there are no textures. Even when I put both textures into a folder with the same name as the .dae file, textures will not show. What am I doing wrong? (and dont tell me to get a program that either has to be paid for or deleted in a month)... I hate winzip.
In the meantime, I will stick to the flawed sketchup7.1 that only allows 1 texture upon import.

Gingergoth
04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
This has been bugging me sinc I have been trying to make my own accessories; every time I try to export the item, all I get is a doc.kml file. What do I need to do to get the model and textures folders?

LadyPhenomena
04-02-2010, 09:48 PM
upon extracting the .zip, you will find a .DAE and a folder called "images". Put "images" onto your desktop instead of where it is, and drag the .DAE into Kaneva.

What bothers me here is that only half of the model will have texture while the other half will be white, regardless of texture... and where there is texture, it is very shiny.

Gingergoth
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
That's the thing, when I do extract from the .zip file, all I get is a doc.kml file. I have tried saving the file as .dae (that's when I can get the images) but it the import always fails.

LadyPhenomena
04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
...and then if you try to import it as an object (furn or whatever) apparently, the images cannot be found. It looks like sketchup6 is more flawed than 7.

Gingergoth
04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Ok, I figured out what was going wrong. I was saving under Google Earth instead of Google Earth 4.

forevertaken
04-04-2010, 03:25 PM
7zip will perform the function as described in the first section of this thread, and it is free.
However, when importing the object, there are no textures. Even when I put both textures into a folder with the same name as the .dae file, textures will not show. What am I doing wrong? (and dont tell me to get a program that either has to be paid for or deleted in a month)... I hate winzip.
In the meantime, I will stick to the flawed sketchup7.1 that only allows 1 texture upon import.

OK IT ONLY WORKS WITH WINZIP AND ALSO THERE IS ABUG WITH SKETCHUP 7.1 THAT IS NOT LETTING TEXTURES IMPORT THAT IS WHY IT IS A MUST TO USE 7.0 OR LOWER AND WINZIP.

forevertaken
04-04-2010, 03:27 PM
This has been bugging me sinc I have been trying to make my own accessories; every time I try to export the item, all I get is a doc.kml file. What do I need to do to get the model and textures folders?

IM NOT SURE HUN I DONT MAKE ACCESSORIES I ONLY IMPORT THINGS LIKE HOUSES AND THINGS

GeorgeHenry
04-04-2010, 03:42 PM
This is the version I'm using with a lot less problems than the newer updated ones:

http://download.cnet.com/Google-SketchUp/3000-6677_4-11097712.html

Later
GH

Gingergoth
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
This is the version I'm using with a lot less problems than the newer updated ones:

http://download.cnet.com/Google-SketchUp/3000-6677_4-11097712.html

Later
GH

Will allow for the full upload of textures on the object and not just part of it?

MareaKelly
06-02-2010, 04:42 AM
just wanted to say thank you... i found this thread the most helpful for me to understand how to do 3d objects... been looking all over the forums and all the other threads just left me with more ?'s. so thank you for putting this on here :)

MK

elsee
06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
just wanted to say thank you... i found this thread the most helpful for me to understand how to do 3d objects... been looking all over the forums and all the other threads just left me with more ?'s. so thank you for putting this on here :)

MK
I'm so glad, now i won't have to help any more i'll just save this to fav's and give it when they ask.:)

DanielleDesiree
06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
everytime i use gimp i i always wonder how do i get k skintones

_jase_
06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
You’ll need to save a chart like this: http://images.kaneva.com/filestore7/3561523/5219362/kanevaskinUtones_ad.jpg Then paste the tone onto the template & go from there.

DanielleDesiree
06-17-2010, 03:37 PM
How Do i Make Acessories on google sketchup??

roodkapje
06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Same way as you make the 3d objects pwincezz, except the triangle count is maximum 250 no larger, kaneva will not accept it.
And the jpg texture map has to be 128px by 128px, you can however create a larger texture that kaneva will resize for you but beware
it will also blur the picture badly if you do.
You can use up to 3 texture maps.( will cost extra on the end result)
Importing to kaneva is the same as with 3d items, just choose accessories when you have dragged your file into the kaneva window.
You will then be able to place it wherever you want it.

LadyPhenomena
06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Note on that: If you are using sketchup7.1 for accesories, it will work. However, if you have more than 1 texture, Kaneva will reject it because the client does not understand that 2 is not greater than 3.
I get around this by putting every type of texture needed onto one JPG.

roodkapje
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Well I just uploaded an accessory with 3 texture maps and it worked, so idk perhaps there is a glitch there.
I guess try and see if it works for you and compare note with someone using the same program. I have notticed in the forum, what works for one person doesn't always for another even when using the same programs. And when possible try to keep it down to 1 map, in this case for me that would have been impossible complexity wise for this item.

bences
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
pls help my how to make items in sketchup and upload to kaneva!???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LadyPhenomena
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Make and shape something and then apply textures ... export item, save as a name.DAE and then drag and drop the .DAE file into Kaneva. Depending on what operating system you are using, it just might be more complicated.

Supreme44
03-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I am posting this because certain people refuse to help others import items into Kaneva for whatever selfish reason. So here is how i did and a few of my close friends and it worked perfectly:

FIRST THERE IS A BUG WITH SKETCHUP 7.1 DONT USE IT IT WONT WORK I USE 6.0 AND IT WORKS GREAT.

1. DOWNLOAD VERSION 6.0 FROM HERE ITS FREE-http://www.brothersoft.com/google-sketchup-75151.html

2. DOWNLOAD WINZIP AND ONLY USE IT-ITS NOT FREE IT IS A 45 DAY TRIAL BUT WHEN IT EXPIRES JUST UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AND KEEP USING OR PAY FOR IT WHICHEVER FROM HERE- http://download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

3. CREATE A SKETCHUP FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP JUST FOR 3D MODELS LIKE THIS:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/leighahoffner/Capture1.jpg

4. ONCE IN SKEPTCHUP EITHER DESIGN YOUR MODEL OR IMPORT ONE FROM 3D WAREHOUSE. YOU MUST MUST TEXTURE THE INSIDE OF THE OBJECT THE OUTSIDE OF THE OBJECT AND THE INSIDE OF WALLS OF THE OBJECT IF YOU ARE CREATING WALLS THEY MUST BE .25" THICK IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SHOW UP ON KANEVA

5. ONCE TEXTURED AND YOUR DONE CLICK FILE->THEN SAVE AS AND SAVE A COPY IN THE FOLDER YOU CREATED ON YOUR DESKTOP

8. ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT THEN CLICK ON THE ZIP FILE AND SELECT ALL THE FILES THERE AND HIT EXTRACT TO THE FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP

9. ONCE THAT IS DONE GO INTO YOUR MODEL FOLDER AND FIND YOUR .DAE FILE AND LITERALLY DRAG IT INTO 3D WORLD.

10. IF IT IS A 3D OJBECT (WHICH IS ALL I HAVE DONE THAT IS WHAT THIS PART IS ABOUT) CLICK 3D OBJECT IT WILL BEGIN TO LOAD IT. A WHITE BOX WILL SHOW UP THIS IS WHERE YOU ADJUST THE SIZE TO BE REAL IF THE OBJECT COMES IN REAL BIG I USUALLY GO TO A 9.000 AND ITS MORE REASONABLE ONCE YOUR HAPPY WITH THE SIZE CLICK NEXT STEP.

11. IT WILL TAKE A SEC TO LOAD IT INTO THE 3D WORLD. IF YOU LIKE HOW IT LOOKS AND IT CAME OUT RIGHT YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR OBJECT IF NOT DISCARD IT AND WORK ON IT MORE BUT IF YOUR HAPPY CLICK SUBMIT.

12. THE NEXT BOX I JUST HIT SUBMIT AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE 2D PAGE TO FINISH THE PROCESS.

*****13. ON THE 2D PAGE THIS IS WHERE YOU SET THE NAME AND INFO AND YOUR PRICE. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT THIS COSTS 400 REWARDS OR CREDITS TO UPLOAD ANYTHING NO MATTER THE SIZE IF YOU PAY IN CREDITS YOU CANNOT TRADE THE ITEM SO USE REWARDS.

ONCE YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE INFO AND CLICK CREATE ITEM YOU WILL THEN HAVE THE ITEM IN YOUR INVENTORY AND IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON THE 2D.

I IMPORTED A HUGE FOUNTAIN AND IT WORKED SO GOOD LUCK YOU CAN SEND ME A KMAIL FOR MORE HELP....PLEASE DONT LET PPL DISCOURAGE YOU FROM THIS THERE ARE MANY HERE WHO HAVE BEEN HERE A WHILE THAT REFUSE TO GIVE GOOD HELP AND ITS WRONG AND THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE TRULY HELPED ME.

I AM MORE THAN WILLING OT HELP ANYONE CAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO AND CAUSE THEY HAVE HELPED ME.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT ALL

HUGSSSSS

I DONT THINK I AM DOING THIS RIGHT WHEN I IMPORT IT THE HOLD THING DOES NOT SHOW. SOMETIMES JUST THE WINDOWS OR A WALL BUT THE HOLD HOUSE DOES NOT SHOW I THINK I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG

toysoldier
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Look folks, get sketchup 8 it automatically saves in the proper file format, so all you have to do is search your documents and upload that file you've extracted

LadyPhenomena
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Look folks, get sketchup 8 it automatically saves in the proper file format, so all you have to do is search your documents and upload that file you've extracted

I keep telling people that. Yet the same ones keep continuing to claim that 7.1 and 8 will not work.
I hope WinZip is paying them to advertise their product :p

mhommond1
05-24-2011, 01:41 AM

That's How I Do It. Export/FileName.KMZ Copy Paste And That Gives me Copy Of FileName.KMZ Then I Just Rename Delete The Copy Of And Rename The .KMZ To .ZIP The I Right Click And Hover Over Winzip And Select Extract To Here. Though I Know What Your Saying And Allot Of People May Still Have That Problem But It's A Fairly Simple Fix To get Access And The Ability To Rename The File Extension You Need To First Open The Folder (The Main Folder Where All Your Designs Will Be Stored) At The Top Of The Window Click Tools Then Folder Option In The Options Window Goto The View Tab In The Advance Settings Scroll Down Until You See Hide Extensions For Known File Types And Uncheck It Click Apply At The Bottom Then Click Apply To All Folders At The Top And Then Click Ok Now You Can See And Change The File Extensions.

mhommond1
05-24-2011, 03:16 AM
I Want To Create A 3d Wall Hanging Picture For The 3d World With Animated Pictures Like Those Glitter Pics. My Question Is There A Specific File Format That Supports Animation, Sketchup 7, And The Kaneva Platform? Also What Is The Best Format To Save Transparent Files So After I Export The 3D Model From Sketchup It Will Show Up As Transparent On Kaneva? The *.png Files I Was Told To Use Show Up As UnTextured Gray After Uploading.

LadyPhenomena
05-24-2011, 08:17 AM
for Transparencies, use .PNG files. Since .GIF does not work well with DirectX, you may want to upload a video or flash and play that on a media item if you want an animated image on it.

SanctuaryOfJen
05-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I Want To Create A 3d Wall Hanging Picture For The 3d World With Animated Pictures Like Those Glitter Pics. My Question Is There A Specific File Format That Supports Animation, Sketchup 7, And The Kaneva Platform? Also What Is The Best Format To Save Transparent Files So After I Export The 3D Model From Sketchup It Will Show Up As Transparent On Kaneva? The *.png Files I Was Told To Use Show Up As UnTextured Gray After Uploading.

Do you have your png file texture 0 on desktop .. if not copy and paste it too your desktop.. it will not be transparent if you import from a folder.

In sketchup you import your png texture0 last on your object or it will be gray or blue in Kaneva.

Sometimes my png file texture0 will come out blue or gray after uploading .

When that happens ...Open your folder on desktop ..click on image ...copy and paste that png file texture 0 on destop. For some reason and don't know why this png file works. I keep my png on desktop not in folder.

Go back to sketchup import it ..remember import png last .

I have made tons of glass and objects that is part glass as well .

Jen

mhommond1
05-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Do you have your png file texture 0 on desktop .. if not copy and paste it too your desktop.. it will not be transparent if you import from a folder.

In sketchup you import your png texture0 last on your object or it will be gray or blue in Kaneva.

Sometimes my png file texture0 will come out blue or gray after uploading .

When that happens ...Open your folder on desktop ..click on image ...copy and paste that png file texture 0 on destop. For some reason and don't know why this png file works. I keep my png on desktop not in folder.

Go back to sketchup import it ..remember import png last .

I have made tons of glass and objects that is part glass as well .

Jen

Ok, Thank You. I'll Give That A Try. Might Be Awhile Since I'll Have To Recreate My Transparent Textures. I Figured I Did Something Wrong Or The*.png Files Just Didn't Work So I Deleted Them. Up Until Yesterday I Only Had 1 Program That Created Transparent Images (Office 2000 Premium Photo Editor) So I Figured Maybe It Wasn't Saving Them Correctly But My Sister Gave Me Photoshop 7 And It Might Take Me Awhile To Figure Out How To Work All It's Bells And Whistles. And Once I Can Figure It Out Maybe I Can Even Create Mirrors lol.

mhommond1
05-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Ok, Thank You. I'll Give That A Try. Might Be Awhile Since I'll Have To Recreate My Transparent Textures. I Figured I Did Something Wrong Or The*.png Files Just Didn't Work So I Deleted Them. Up Until Yesterday I Only Had 1 Program That Created Transparent Images (Office 2000 Premium Photo Editor) So I Figured Maybe It Wasn't Saving Them Correctly But My Sister Gave Me Photoshop 7 And It Might Take Me Awhile To Figure Out How To Work All It's Bells And Whistles. And Once I Can Figure It Out Maybe I Can Even Create Mirrors lol.

I Followed Those Steps And It Still Didn't Work. It Wasn't Gray Anymore But It Wasn't Transparent. I Don't Know If It Has Anything To Do With The File Not Being Transparent After Upload But I'm Using Google Sketchup 7.0(Had Sketchup8 But It Upload Correctly) On Windows XP Home Edition SP3. The Image's Transparency Is Set To 20% Almost Invisible I Saved It To My Desktop As texure0.png And It Shows Up As Transparent On All My Photo And Sketchup But It Still Upload As A Solid Cloudy Sky Image. Oh And It Might Also Be Important That The Exported Sketchup/Zip File That The Images Are Also Transparent. I Know I Gotta Be Doing Something Wrong Because I See Transparencies Everywhere On The 3d World. Maybe Some Step By Step Direction From The Creation Of The Transparent File To The Upload Might Help Me Figure Out Exactly What I'm Doing Wrong.

mhommond1
05-26-2011, 05:53 AM
I Followed Those Steps And It Still Didn't Work. It Wasn't Gray Anymore But It Wasn't Transparent. I Don't Know If It Has Anything To Do With The File Not Being Transparent After Upload But I'm Using Google Sketchup 7.0(Had Sketchup8 But It Upload Correctly) On Windows XP Home Edition SP3. The Image's Transparency Is Set To 20% Almost Invisible I Saved It To My Desktop As texure0.png And It Shows Up As Transparent On All My Photo And Sketchup But It Still Upload As A Solid Cloudy Sky Image. Oh And It Might Also Be Important That The Exported Sketchup/Zip File That The Images Are Also Transparent. I Know I Gotta Be Doing Something Wrong Because I See Transparencies Everywhere On The 3d World. Maybe Some Step By Step Direction From The Creation Of The Transparent File To The Upload Might Help Me Figure Out Exactly What I'm Doing Wrong.

This Is How It Turns Out Every Single Time (http://shop.kaneva.com/ItemDetails.aspx?gId=3702962) Even Though I Have Tried Tons Of Different Ways. Like; Importing The Transparent Image From Desktop(No Surface At All), Dragging And Dropping Image From Desktop Into Place(No Surface At All(Last Thing), Exploding The Image, Painting A Blank Surface With The Transparent Texture(Both Sides, Making Each Surface A Unique Texture(Both Sides), Grouping Each Surface, Making Each Surface A Component, Enabled And Disabled Features Such As Casting Shadows, Receiving Shadows, And Projected(Tried Both Enabled And Disabled). Oh And Those Tries Where Always The Last Thing I Did Before Exporting. I Don't Know What Else To Try I Think That's All The Option's Sketchup Has.

SanctuaryOfJen
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
This Is How It Turns Out Every Single Time (http://shop.kaneva.com/ItemDetails.aspx?gId=3702962) Even Though I Have Tried Tons Of Different Ways. Like; Importing The Transparent Image From Desktop(No Surface At All), Dragging And Dropping Image From Desktop Into Place(No Surface At All(Last Thing), Exploding The Image, Painting A Blank Surface With The Transparent Texture(Both Sides, Making Each Surface A Unique Texture(Both Sides), Grouping Each Surface, Making Each Surface A Component, Enabled And Disabled Features Such As Casting Shadows, Receiving Shadows, And Projected(Tried Both Enabled And Disabled). Oh And Those Tries Where Always The Last Thing I Did Before Exporting. I Don't Know What Else To Try I Think That's All The Option's Sketchup Has.

Here is the link that I posted awhile back

( wrote this while I was doing one for myself )

Step by Step

http://forums.kaneva.com/showthread.php?p=149835#post149835

mhommond1
05-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Here is the link that I posted awhile back

( wrote this while I was doing one for myself )

Step by Step

http://forums.kaneva.com/showthread.php?p=149835#post149835

Ok Thank You. I Finally Figured It Out I Wasn't Exporting The Model and Images Folder Onto The Desktop As Well. After Doing This With A Simple Window I Tried A Different Method That You May Be Interested In, I Tried Those Same Steps But For Example On My Desktop I Got A Folder Called Kaneva Designs Inside That Folder Everything Is More Sorted And Categorized And To Make A Long Explanation Short, I Went To Desktop\Kaneva Designs\House Project\Garage\ Where I Deleted All But The garage.skp Files Opened The *.skp Followed Your Directions Again But This Time I Copied And Pasted The texture0.png To Desktop\Kaneva Designs\House Project\Garage\ And Exported The Converted And Upload And The Windows Where Transparent.

I Got Another Question Does It Always Have To Be texture0.png? I Only Ask Because I Was Wondering How If It Was Possible To Have More Than 1 Type Of Transparency Per Model Like A Tub Filled With Water And Glass Slider Doors.

LadyPhenomena
05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
You can have more than 1 texture, but not within the same group. If you went back to Sketchup7.1 (where grouping is easier) you could paint a water texture on a face in your model, Right-click, Select Bounding Edges, Make Group, and then use your glass texture on the glass, and make that a group using the same method. You can also use a .JPG in the same model for other things that are meant to be solid, but each seperately textured area must be seperately Grouped.