Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Hacker

Default Chat Hacker

I have been having a problem at one of my communities where someone is getting into the chat without signing in through the kaneva log in server. I have seen somewhere in forums and blasts where others were having a similar issue some time back. I can not find those posts and of course the blasts are long gone. If this has happened to you or you know of someone it has happened to please post here and submit a ticket as explained in this post. Here are the details of what happens, You are in your zone and someone appears in your chat but is not in 3d. You check people in world and do not find the person in 3d. You kick person but find that you can not. This happens for several days eliminating the possibility that it is just someone who logged in and had a 3d client failure. In my case if I am in the hangout when the person first appears in chat, I check to make sure not logged into 3d world, and I kick and it may work the first time. Then a little later person pops back in chat window. Now kick does not work. This has been going on for several days in my place. I was fortunate that a gm was willing to give me some assistance and he verified that the person had no recorded logins to kaneva since this problem has started. What that shows is that he is hacking the chat client and or chat server to get into my place. Blocking him from chat, traveling and zone block has no effect. Logically then if his account was locked this would have no effect too since he does not require the kaneva log in server to accomplish his dirty deeds. Now what you can do if this happens to you,.. first make sure the little old yellow chat window is visible when the offender is in your chat. Also open friends, in zone and have that window next to the yellow chat window. Verify that he is not showing in people in world from friends tabs. Now get your snipping tool or other screen capture app ready. Note that some capture apps may not capture all open windows such as the chat window so test it beforehand and make any needed changes to preferences. Now what you need to do is get the local chat window, the old yellow chat window and friends in zone windows next to oneanother Then enter /L into the local chat window and that will cause some numbers and letters to appear in the yellow chat. This contains a date time and other stuff. Now capture the area around all 3 of the windows and save it. Now you have a record of the person being in your local chat with the kaneva time stamp. This is usable evidence that you can submit in a ticket. NOTE the f8 kaneva screen capture does not capture the local chat window and so you will have to use another method. After you have captured and saved this evidence now if you desire you can try to kick the offender. It works sometimes for me but only the first time I catch him in the day. After that he either makes an adjustment or somehow it becomes broken for another reason, but I suspect the hacker makes an adjustment. FYI if someone enters your chat, then he instantly has a chat record of all that has occurred which is saved automatically on the computer and so for our own security do not ever chat your email address, passwords or other personal information in chat. If someone has compromised your community do as stated above to get a photo record and send that in a ticket. We have to make kaneva a safe place and so do your part and send in a ticket with proper evidence if you find anybody doing anything that could be a security issue. Oh bty, I have submitted a ticket today on this.

Something like that has happened to me..some one came into my home and was saying stupid things..wont elaborate. I tried to kick and even put on the AP to remove him, but he just ran around and did the laugh emote. That has been awhile go. Just figured it was an idiot alt.

Default Remember name

Quote Originally Posted by abbielayne View Post
    Something like that has happened to me..some one came into my home and was saying stupid things..wont elaborate. I tried to kick and even put on the AP to remove him, but he just ran around and did the laugh emote. That has been awhile go. Just figured it was an idiot alt.
    Do you remember avi name? if so try to find the profile then kmail me the url of their profile. Do not post that here though as it is a violation. If anybody has experienced this kind of problem too where you can not kick someone from 3d post that here too. If this happens too get good screen captures of it, hit f8 to get an instant one but then get a snip with sniptool or other so you can get the chat captured too. Then send in a ticket with the evidence.

you can capture the chat also with F8

what you need to do now is make sure your zone/group chat is over the kaneva screen..so it will pick the chat and screen both up..if you need to include the pm box..just make sure it is over your kaneva screen also

then click F8 tab..should be top row of tabs

once you get pic taken go to

computer..c drive..program files(x86)..kaneva ..programs files..star..3296..screenshots
    also you can find them by:
    right click kaneva icon
    open file location
    programs files..star..3296..screenshots

Default Not4Me

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCaptainHarley View Post
    you can capture the chat also with F8

what you need to do now is make sure your zone/group chat is over the kaneva screen..so it will pick the chat and screen both up..if you need to include the pm box..just make sure it is over your kaneva screen also

then click F8 tab..should be top row of tabs

once you get pic taken go to

computer..c drive..program files(x86)..kaneva ..programs files..star..3296..screenshots
    also you can find them by:
    right click kaneva icon
    open file location
    programs files..star..3296..screenshots
    Does not work for me, i seen other screenshots by others and seen chat in it, but would not work for me. I tried many ways with chat on top of 3d. I will experiment more and also try on other puter. But cool to know, its suposed to work and so gonna mess with it.

Doesn't work for me either.

google IRFANVIEW

its a nifty little screensnapper that you can set to capture whichever window you like, or the entire desktop... you can even choose to keep the mouse pointer or not.

Usually if I hit F8 and Alt together it will capture chat also and put it in the screenshot file in kaneva folder.

f8 and alt together doesn't work.

You can also just hit the Print Screen button and it will capture your whole desktop.

Then you can go into paint and click edit->paste.

If you press alt+print screen it will capture whatever window you clicked on last.